Old demo thread

Right now, I'm saving up more gold. I bought the Bringsar before the chest key. . . which might not have been the brightest thing to do ha ha.

I think SoM has a quirk where when you try to change your equipped armor, it adds the new armor's to the current total weight (including current armor) to decide if it's too heavy to equip or not. If you unequip your current armor, you might be able to use the Skelthern. Use "Equip > No" to unequip something by the way.

Ahhh, weight limit, thats something I overlooked. I'm sure thats why I can't wear the armor or even the bringsar, heh, heh, silly me. Doh

Also, I found all 3 sword parts and the smith won't make the sword. Every time I tell him to make the sword he tells me to go get the parts.

one last thing: is the royal eye ment to be consumed? It's very expencive for a 1 time use.

(at least you didn't steal my combat ideas, "It's a secret to everybody" hehe, I'll explain more when I at least start my project. So far I've been mosly workin on the story/plot.)
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. Ninja

Scott, which sword pieces do you have? ‎  I ran into the same thing because I thought I had all three, but the "strange sword blade" isn't actually a part of it - you need to find the "sword blade" which is straight when you look at it. ‎ 

Argh, the chest still won't accept the gold key even after the fix. ‎  (I tried both the one on pg. 6 and the one on pg.1 for good measure.) ‎  I guess this treasure just doesn't want me to find it!

I got all 3 sword parts now and I got it forged. Biggrin

If you ask the smith to make the sword again he will give you another sword.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. Ninja

Hmm... Eh? Oh my you are right... Flip, that item wasnt meant to be consumable :D

I'm tempted to do a quick polish and re upload the demo... About multiple swords i'm very pleased you've told me about this.

My combat system and true magic learning hasnt fully been revealed yet. I'm gonna start on making new pieces for the true beginning of the game which is very different.

I was going to implement the strange sword but didnt get around to it. Shoulda made that a bit clearer. ‎  Wink

Bringsar is pretty powerful though, so it needed to be a heavy weapon.

Do you mean that the magic learning system is different from how you learn Tornado? ‎ 

Well its pretty much the same, but its also based on wisdom. If you dont have enough wisdom to read the book you wont learn the spell.
Also you wont be able to disable runes without being a certain level in a magic school.

(2011-05-29, 04:40 PM)Verdite link Wrote: Bringsar is pretty powerful though, so it needed to be a heavy weapon.

Uhhh, I don't really see how bringsar is powerful. Honestly, I find the runeblade to be one of the best weapons (At least the best in the demo I've found so far).

The average attack of bringsar is 16.5
Average of the runeblade is 14.4
and halfreg is 15

Now, bringsar looks pretty good above but when we look at the weight of the weapons the runeblade is best. It's half the weight of halfreg so I find it even better when looking at the power AND speed (weight). Well, I don't mean to sound like I'm ranting or being rude but thats just how I view your weapons. If most of the enemies in your game are really, really weak vs water then bringsar is a good weapon, but I kinda doubt that.

(These averages where found in the status details with a strength of 47. Also SoM adds your spell power to you average so I had wind blade equipped. Once again: I'm not trying to be rude in anyway.)

Actually this is good. Thanks for noticing.

I suppose the "better" weapons are ones that you can link up with good armour.