Old demo thread

Yikes- that's messed up :( I think From Software stopped updating the test-play exe early in SoM's life so I'm not surprised that it behaves differently that the 'real-play' exe. If I can do anything to help (test or whatever), let me know.

Thanks i may very well call upon your assistance... The only way i can iron out runtime crashes is to set the default start point to the map with the error, and remove what i think might be causing the crash... If no luck, repeat process.

SoM coulda benefited hugely from a debugger.

Personally, I liked the short draw distance 'blackness' effect in the temple. Just something like adding signs around to tag areas or saying 'exit this way' would help players get their bearings quickly if they get lost. I mostly got turned around during battles then had to walk a long way till I found someplace I recognized to get my bearings.

I fell through the floor in the area right before the village (picture).

EDIT: Also, I had the hammer the first time I talked to Greb so I think he skipped a lot of his conversation his conversation.
EDIT: That old lady is a thief! ‎  Biggrin Bregneid took my crystals, but didn't give me flasks. I think I'm getting a nameless item that only shows up in 'store items' screen instead. Gotta watch the old ones. . . they're tricky!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2011-05-14, 04:19 AM)dmpdesign link Wrote: and went to the gatehouse and the game crashes as soon as i warp into the forest area...any idea why?
Strangely, I made it to the forest just fine without a crash. ‎  Dazed
Ha- love the weapon maker's character. . . ‎ 

Ok thats helped, there must be something Todd has thats causing the crash, i'm guessing an item... AH. Maybe the sword piece you found. Then again, Wolf, you have the pommel right? Meh... Hmm...

Yep, I have the pommel and blade. Intermittent crashes are the pits! If someone wants to send me a copy of Todd's save with the crash, I'll compare it to my game and see if I can figure anything out- might help.

Purdy!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'd be grateful if you could send us your save, Todd.

Thanks btw, i like the trees too hehe.

I will upload it tonight np
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Great demo, thanks for all your work! ‎  After about 2.5 hrs, I think I've gone as far as it will let me... still can't find the last piece of the sword, how to pick the strawberries/make cake, or get anywhere near enough money to buy the green chest key, but I really enjoyed it! ‎  (also haven't found the secret enemy Balkor yet, but I may have to go through things a bit more...)

The only bug I noticed so far was that the fishies in the pool by the fortress door (just before you jump down the rock ledge to get to the village) can jump into the air and follow me around on land. ‎  Fairly minor, though, as they aren't too hard to kill. ‎ 

Here is my save game!

Attached Files
.dat   00.dat (Size: 157.07 KB / Downloads: 148)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder